The most important moment of your wedding day takes just 5 seconds… and it is completely done! That’s where you say “I do”. Though, your reception’s most important element starts before you get to the reception venue. It continues to the end… it’s your DJ!
DJs don’t just play music for 4 hours. Your DJ will spend hours prepping your music, organizing your schedule, coordinating special songs with your guests, putting together your introduction lists, testing the discs, and loading the equipment.
Your cake cutting ceremony might last 5 minutes. The food you choose can last an hour. Your beautiful dress, flowers, decorations, and table settings will make your event memorable. Although these elements will create an atmosphere for your event, they won’t entertain your guests.
Your DJ will start playing background music as soon as your guests arrive. Your DJ will prepare the background music for your bridal ceremony and make sure your guests have access to it. Now, it’s time to make your DJ the MC.
Then, depending on your schedule you will be directed into your first dance. Dinner will be announced. Your DJ will most likely host the party.
After dinner, the wedding dj in Melbourne will play other traditional dances (father/daughter/son, mother/son, etc.) and then it’s party time!
What will a DJ do for you?
Your DJ will compile a song list together with you. They will also mix in songs that are right for your guests. Your DJ will be MCing special dances. They will also keep an eye out for the schedule to include or MC traditional special events, such as garter, bouquet, catchers’ garter ceremony, cake cut, and garter and bouquet toss. Your DJ is basically your host at your reception.
Your Dj will close the night by playing your last dance. They will then return to packing, loading up, unloading, then unpacking once more! Flowers are likely to cost more than the DJ. Finding the right DJ doesn’t require a lot of research. Once you are satisfied with the DJ, hire them.
The bottom line is that even though your guests may not be able to recall the details of your wedding, such as the food and table decorations, they will still remember how great it was.
Tips to hire a perfect Melbourne wedding DJ for your wedding
Before you hire a wedding DJ, you should verify that:
- Your DJ has a lot of experience hosting the event.
- Your DJ system has enough power to handle any venue you have.
- You can trust that your DJ will have a backup for every component of the system.
- You can request that your DJ bring all of the music you want. (and will be given a second copy for important wedding songs).
- Your DJ should have a strong voice and be willing to MC the event.
- Your DJ must have a backup plan in place for sickness or any other emergency.
- Your DJ must arrive on time to set up your party before your guests arrive.
- It is possible to have your DJ set up and taken down at no additional cost.
- A DJ who has more than 150 guests will need an assistant or MC. A DJ cannot keep the music on non-stop, handle crowd requests, and manage timed events (especially weddings) effectively with just one DJ.
- Your DJ will provide a contract that includes their cancellation/reschedule policy.
- To help coordinate your event, your DJ is always available via phone.
- You and your DJ will love this.
- Your DJ may have a difficult attitude.
Remember, this is YOUR event! The DJ is the most crucial part of your wedding… it will be the most important day of your entire life! Hence, don’t forget to pick the best DJ for an unforgettable moment.